To protect, promote and improve the health of our community
The following are guidelines for students who wish to pursue an internship placement with the Madison County Health Department:
- The university or college course or advising faculty member must submit initial requests for student placements to the Health Education Coordinator at MCHD (see below) in the semester prior to the desired placement.
- Individual student submits the following:
- Dates of placement period – e.g., 01/13 – 05/20/2013
- Total number of hours required for the placement
- Planned weekly schedule for placement – e.g., Mondays & Wednesdays, 8-4:30
- Current resume
- Course objectives for internship
- Personal objectives (2-4) for internship
- Due dates for all information to be received by health department are as follows:
- Spring semester or March-May internship - no later than the end of the first week of November
- Summer or May-July internship - no later than the end of the first week in April
- Fall semester - no later than end of first week of April (allows time for interviews and placement decisions to be completed prior to students leaving for summer break)
- Students are responsible for providing their own transportation.
- Students may be assigned to either Richmond or Berea health department sites depending on the location of the assigned agency staff serving as preceptor.
- Students are expected to provide the necessary university or college placement site forms for signature by the assigned health department preceptor prior to starting or on the first day of the internship.
- Students are expected to consult with their preceptor regarding any anticipated or unplanned absences from the scheduled days during the placement.
- Students are expected to submit all end of placement paperwork (completed projects, logs, evaluation form, etc.) no later than the last day of the placement in the agency.
Health Education Coordinator
Madison County Health Department
1001 Ace Dr.
Berea, KY 40403
||Home · WebMaster · Madison County Health Department · 216 Boggs Lane · Richmond, KY 40475 · 859-623-7312 ·
After Hours, for
Public Health and Environmental Emergencies Only, call 859-623-7312, option 8